Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Lord's Plans Prevail

Ask anyone who knows me very well and they will tell you that I am a planner. I love to make plans, schedules and organize things. So when it came to this blog it was not an exception, I had many plans. I had planned for this blog to be about fashion and my experiences as a student in Belgium. However, all that changed recently and that is as a result of getting closer to God. But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's go back to the beginning.

Every year at graduation, it was my school's tradition to give the graduates a Bible as gift. So when I graduated on the 27 of May 2011, I was also given a Bible. I have been reading my Bible everyday so far this year,and on one of those days, I opened the very first pages and this was written by our Director, Mrs Evelyn C.Jones:

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail." -Proverbs 19:21

I remember that after I read these few words, I was in complete awe and shock because they were very true. God's plans are sovereign, they cannot be changed or stopped. They are final. The verse does not mean that we shouldn't make plans but when we do make plans, we should keep in mind that in the end God has the final say over everything! In fact, as I consider this simple truth, I am overjoyed because not only are His plans far better than any human plan (Isaiah 55:8) but they are also good (Jeremiah 29:11). So I have no need to worry and I am happy that in this way, through this blog, I can glorify God. I wanted this blog to be all about fashion and my life abroad but now it will be all about God. I want to share with you my experiences as a Christian. I am not an expert, I am still growing but I do hope that the little that I will tell will touch and change your life.

PS: I saved the very first post I ever made. Don't hesitate to check it. It clearly shows how the plans have changed :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome twibee. Keep it up. Indeep many are the plans we have but the Lord's will prevail. So are the plans of the enemy against us but in the end, what the Lord has said will prevail. Stay bless twibee

    ReplyDelete